The Chronicles of Oklahoma Vol. 44-1 1966
Oklahoma Historical Society
This issue includes: 'Spring Frog by T.L. Ballenger, Prehistoric Chert Quarries in Kay County: A Report by Otto F. Spring, Colonel Ranald Mackenzie at Fort Sill by Jean L. Zimmerman, The Nez Perce in the Quapaw Agency by Velma Nieberding, The Post Offices of Oklahoma, 1907 to 1965 by George H. Shirk, Notes and Documents, Book Reviews, Minutes.
The Chronicles of Oklahoma, first issued in 1921 as the official journal of the OHS, is mailed to members and subscribers four times a year. Each issue contains at least five scholarly articles; subjects range from Indians and earliest settlement to railroads and the twentieth century. Each issue is well illustrated with historic photographs offering a visual picture of the past. Also included are book reviews, notes, documents, and minutes of the quarterly meetings of the OHS Board of Directors. Volumes 1-20 may be viewed online at the Oklahoma State University Electronic Publishing Center. '